Sunday, June 1, 2008

LDR (Long-Distance Relationship)

It's been 1 year 2 months since I moved back to Penang from KL.
So many things have been going thru my mind about my love life since then.
From what started out as college love-birds to long-distant lovers.
The irony of having all the time in the world to spend with each other during college days to coming out as fresh graduates, trying to earn a living in the outside world and 'coping' to keep this relationship alive. The transition and transformation is somewhat overwhelming for me.
Sometimes it is easy to land myself at a point of giving up.

Questions rushing thru my mind.
Debating hard with myself.
Finding a reason worthy for this struggle.

Lonely. Agony. Pain. Misery.

Those nasty feelings of being apart.
Those were then.
After a long time, I grew numb. Numb to this feelings.
Sometimes I ponder whether these feelings do exist anymore.
Seeing my collegue so deeply in love with this girl. I truly envy him.
I would do anything to get back those fresh feelings and emotions of being in love all over again.

Looking back at myself, I wonder what are the factors that this is happening?
What/who should I blame it on?

Long-distance relationship?
Being apart for too long?
No more flame?

Myself.

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder, but it sure makes the rest of you lonely."

No comments: